REGIONAL MANAGER, BIRMINGHAM (full-time)
- Act as the central point of contact for Code Your Future(CYF) Birmingham for external parties, volunteers, students and other CYF programmes.
- Act as the central point of contact for the city for CYF management.
- Oversee and organise accounting, expenses and funding processes.
- Organise the booking of venues for CYF classes and events, childcare and, where necessary, transport for class purposes.
- Manage the licensing of laptops, modems and other hardware to students; manage relationships with hardware licensors.
Programme development and sustainability
- Liaise with volunteers, students, CYF management and third parties to help develop the direction of CYF Birmingham as an organisation.
- Develop partnerships with other organisations to help support the functioning of regular classes as well as to support training and employability for students/graduates and the sustainability of the CYF Birmingham programme.
- Take an active role in student recruitment and build relationships with suitable organisations to facilitate this.
- Process student and volunteer applications for the course and arrange meet-ups when required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate the following attributes in their application and interview:
- The ability to self-organise and simultaneously manage a range of tasks required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role
- An understanding of, and empathy for, the issues that may face the students attending CYF
- Proven experience of delivering information effectively, including via presentations
- An understanding of the organisation and delivery of small scale projects
- An ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams of volunteers
- Good office IT skills using Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail and Calendaring applications
This is a full-time role and includes an expectation that some weekend working may be needed to support student & mentor needs during class sessions.
£35,000 per year
Apply by sending a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org