Regional Education Manager - West Midlands
We’re hiring a Regional Education Manager to support our volunteer teams at the local level to ensure they have a great experience at CodeYourFuture and enable our trainees have the highest possible chance in employment after graduation.
Preferably, we are looking for somebody based in the West Midlands.
Why would you do this job?
- You passionately believe that everyone deserves a thriving life
- You understand the power of education and how it can change peoples lives
- You want to share what you have learnt in industry with the people that need it most
- You want to share your passion for programming with other people
- You want to have high impact in the work that you do
- You love working with people to ensure high quality results
- You enjoy having full control over your time
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring a high quality of teaching in the West Midlands region
- Collaborating with City Coordinators and local volunteers teams to deliver lessons
- Coordinating the tracking of student progress through the course
- Coordinating the local Education team
- Onboarding new volunteers to the local Education team
- Deliver teacher teaching to volunteers in the region
- Take part in the daily team calls and weekly planning meetings with the strategy team
- Working with the Director of Education to maintain and improve our open source Syllabus
- Working with the Director of Education to improve our teaching standards
- Professional experience in Software Engineering (1 Year+)
- You should understand modern programming practices and have used to them in a professional setting so you impart the best habits on our students
- Experience with mentoring or teaching
- You should have some experience working with learners or in a classroom setting
- Self-driven work ethic
- You’ll have full control over the way that you spend your time to be the most impactful
- Skilled at Remote Working
- We’re going to be working remotely even after the rest of the world stops. You understand the unique challenges this brings.
- Leadership in Community
- You have worked in communities before where you have a taken on a leadership role
- Experience Working in Diverse Communities
- An understanding of, and empathy for, the issues that may face the students attending CYF
- Professional teaching or curriculum design experience
- You would bring your experience from educational institutions to benefit our organisation
- Experience working with or managing volunteers in a community, grassroots setting
- You understand how to work with volunteers and the complexities that brings
- You have a good understanding of the technology that we teach
When will you be working?
This role can be either full time or part time as part of job share.
This includes an expectation that some weekend working may be needed to support student & mentor needs during class sessions.
How do you apply?
Send you CV and cover letter to
with the subject line "Region Education Manager - Application"
£25,000 - 35,000 depending on experience.