PROGRAMME COORDINATOR, MANCHESTER (part-time)
- Act as the central point of contact for CYF Manchester for external parties, volunteers, students and other CYF programmes.
- Act as the central point of contact for the city for CYF management.
- Oversee accounting, expenses and funding with appropriate support from CYF management.
- Organise the booking of venues, childcare and, where necessary, transport for class purposes.
- Liaise with volunteers, students and CYF management to help develop the direction of CYF as an organisation and the activities of the city cohort.
- Programme development and sustainability.
- Develop partnerships with other organisations to help support the functioning of regular classes as well as to support training and employability for students/graduates.
- Take an active role in student recruitment and contact suitable organisations to facilitate this.
- Process student and volunteer applications for the course and arrange meet-ups when required.
- Undertake communication by email and monitor the functioning of the central email account for city.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Suitable candidates should be able to able to demonstrate the following attributes in their application and interview:
- The ability to self-organise and manage a range of tasks required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role
- Knowledge of social issues faced by refugees, asylum seekers and otherwise socio-economically disadvantaged people, especially in relation to access to education and employment
- Knowledge or connection to local organisations that assist refugees, asylum seekers and otherwise socio-economically disadvantaged people
- An understanding of the organisation and delivery of small scale projects
- An ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams of volunteers in dispersed locations
- Good office IT skills using Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail and Calendaring applications
- A working knowledge of social media platforms
This is a part-time role requiring 15-20 hours work per week, depending on requirement. This includes an expectation that some weekend working may be needed to support student & mentor needs during class sessions.
Apply by sending a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com