Digital Literacy Program Manager
Why is this role open?
We want to expand access to tech training that changes people’s lives.
There are more opportunities than ever, but most people cannot take them, because they lack foundational digital skills.
So now we need to build a new bridge, one that supports people to take their first steps into digital literacy.
CYF creates a unique, supportive environment for people with the most limited economic, social and personal resources. All our classes are free and all our teachers are volunteers.
We train our people in software development and support them into well paid, highly skilled, professional careers in tech. And we really do this; it really works.
What is the vision of the Digital Literacy Program?
11.3 million people do not have the digital skills needed for everyday life in the UK. Our goals are to:
- Move participants from passive consumers to active citizens of their digital world
- Develop advanced skills around browsing, search, gestures, navigation and online financial transactions
- Tell participants about career options in the technology sector
Who are we looking for?
- An experienced Program Manager. You know from experience the intrinsic challenges and opportunities of working with volunteers
- You are sensitive to the diverse backgrounds of the people we serve
- You are looking to fulfil a mission through your work and not just looking for a new job
- You are comfortable with offering and receiving candid feedback
- You can trust and encourage others to do great things
- You don’t mind travelling across the UK
- You are someone who can think and dream big. You’re probably already thinking about how this program can be expanded in the UK and beyond.
- You have a growth mindset: you like to constantly improve how things are done, get feedback, and support trainees, volunteers, and stakeholders in becoming the best version of themselves.
This is for you if you...
- Have experience of fast-paced corporate/startup/for-profit environment
- Are looking for fulfilment by working for a practical social impact organisation
- Care deeply about communities and have experience in skilled volunteering roles
- Want to see people improving their lives in a tangible way
- Adapt quickly to change
- Don't mind working flexible times that include evenings and weekends if/when needed
- Have experience working with vulnerable communities, government and/or edtech
We promise that you will*…
- Be able to organise your working hours based on your priorities
- Not be micromanaged
- Work with kind and professional people that care about the work they do
- Work for a team that encourages others
- Be given the encouragement to pursue your ideas and initiatives
- Be given the freedom to achieve your goals
- Decide how you best achieve your objectives
*Read our values and principles
- Salary: £25,000-£35,000 pro rata
- Hours: full time or part-time
- Contract: Six month grant funded contract (extendable)
- Location: based in the UK (with UK work permit)
- Benefits: lots of flexibility in terms of time management, working remotely, self-ownership.
- Reporting to: Founder CEO & supported by Iraqi Innovators
1. Send your CV and a letter to german at codeyourfuture.io with the following:
- Why you want to work with us
- Why are you a good fit for this role.
- Questions you have about the role
2. We organise a screening call and give you a challenge around the project that you can work on within a few hours
- You present to us
- Start working with us and embark on an impactful career