We are committed to being a Living Wage Employer.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK. It is set independently and updated annually. There are two rates of Living Wage: one for those based in Greater London (London Living Wage) and another rate for the rest of the UK (UK Living Wage).
The current hourly rates for London Living Wage and UK Living Wage can be found on the Living Wage Foundation website at www.livingwage.org.uk.
Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis as opposed to the National Minimum Wage and the National Living Wage which are statutory obligations.
Code Your Future recognises that payments of the Living Wage gives and enterprise various benefits, which may include:
- Staff retention and reduced turnover
- Increased employee engagement
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased commitment to the organisation
- Ethical employment practices
- A contribution to reduction in poverty affording people the opportunity to provide for themselves and their families
What will CodeYourFuture do as a Living Wage Employer?
- We will ensure that all our employees are paid the Living Wage (this excludes volunteers, internships, bursaries, work experience and fellowships)
- We will increase the Living Wage paid if amended nationally (subject to budget) and implement as soon as possible
This Policy will be reviewed annually by the Trustees.
Last updated - July 2021