Senior Community & Partnerships Manager
North West & West Midlands
Senior Community & Partnerships Manager
North West & West Midlands
Why is this role open?
CodeYourFuture seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Community and Partnerships Manager to join our team. As a Senior Community and Partnerships Manager in the North West and the West Midlands, you will maintain strategic partnerships, identify new partnerships, foster community engagement, and drive growth initiatives.
Your primary goal will be strengthening our network, building relationships with key stakeholders, and leveraging collaborations to expand our reach and impact.
Note: In this role you will oversee both regions, so you should be based within commutable distance from both Manchester and Birmingham.
CYF is a non-profit organisation based in the UK, dedicated to training individuals from marginalised backgrounds and helping them become skilled web developers, ultimately facilitating their entry into the tech industry.
CYF employs a unique approach where industry volunteers train students in web development, emphasising collaboration and project-based learning. This ensures that learners not only gain technical expertise but also cultivate teamwork and product development skills.
Driven by a mission to bridge the digital divide and create equal opportunities, CYF provides coding and programming courses tailored for individuals from some of the most deprived communities, empowering them to reshape their future.
Through comprehensive programs, CYF equips aspiring individuals with the essential skills and knowledge to pursue successful careers in the flourishing and dynamic tech industry. By nurturing talent, fostering inclusivity, and championing social mobility, CodeYourFuture transforms lives, empowering students one line of code at a time.
Roles and responsibilities: Senior Community and Partnerships Manager NW and WM.
1. Partnerships Development & Management:
- Establish relationships within the regional tech ecosystem to drive opportunities for sponsorships and potential recruitment prospects;
- Identify new leads and collaborate with potential partners to develop joint initiatives, such as sponsorship, hiring, space and funding opportunities;
- Manage new and existing partnerships with NGOs and with other local organisations for trainee referrals, digital product distribution, and signposting;
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners, ensuring effective communication and regular updates on programme outcomes.
2. Programme Expansion and Fundraising:
- Promote the organisation by speaking at tech events or assisting community members in speaking at events on behalf of CodeYourFuture;
- Assist the Head of Partnerships and Head of Community & Outreach in developing fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation strategies, and grant proposals;
- Build cohort's founding team of volunteers [includes recruitment, training, and support] to lead smaller regional parallel hubs;
- Engage as necessary with stakeholders, including regional corporate sponsors, philanthropic organisations, and individual donors, to build long-term relationships and secure financial support.
3. Community Management
- Work with volunteers to ensure a positive and harmonious working environment;
- Organise and participate in community events, workshops, and meetups to promote CodeYour Future's programmes and initiatives;
- Facilitate networking opportunities, mentorship programmes, and alums activities to build a sense of belonging and support among programme participants.
- Monitor and respond to community enquiries, feedback, and concerns promptly and professionally;
- Organise welcome sessions and guide new volunteers towards the appropriate teams based on their skills and interests;
- Facilitate community interactions to make decisions
4. Data & Tools, and Logistics Management:
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth management of regional expenses and budgeting processes;
- Coordinate the logistics of equipment, ensuring access to a central storage facility for volunteers to support distribution;
- Manage, analyse, and regularly update cohort data; and prepare regular reports, metrics, and presentations to communicate progress and impact to internal and external stakeholders → use data to make decisions, identify areas for improvement, and optimise partnership strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in partnership development, community engagement, or related roles;
- Experience in managing teams (volunteers and/or staff), including recruiting, training, and providing ongoing support;
- Strong understanding of the non-profit sector and a genuine passion for social impact;
- Knowledge of the tech industry, coding training, or disadvantaged community support would be advantageous.
- Previous professional working experience in one of the regions would be advantageous.
Who are you:
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Culturally sensitive, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.;
- Leadership skills to effectively manage and inspire a team of individuals;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Great communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, with experience using relevant tools and software, such as Google Suite;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders;
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented approach;
- Highly ethical and committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion;
- Resilient with the ability to navigate challenges and ambiguity.
- Values aligned with CYF
- Salary: 35k-40k + bonus based on partnerships goals
- Contract: Full-time, 1-year partnership with the prospect of becoming permanent
- Location: Commuting distance from Manchester or Birmingham - you will be working with our teams at least once a week in either Birmingham or Manchester (with UK work permit)
- Benefits: flexibility in time management - working remotely & self-ownership
- Read and reflect on our values and working principles.
- Send your CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Why you want to work with us
- Why you are a good fit for this role
- Include any questions you have about the role
- Screening call/interview
- If successful, you will be invited to prepare a plan of priorities for your role, and you will answer a competencies questionnaire so we can get to know you better.
- Final stage interview: presentation and discussion with CYF team.
- Receive offer/receive feedback